This position handles membership services including: recruiting, orienting new members, developing membership services, membership record-keeping, retention of members, directing the Ambassador and Networking programs and supporting other programs. The Membership Coordinator assists with daily office duties, such as answering the phone, fielding questions from the public and responding to voice, traditional, and electronic mail.
- Member Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external members; gets first-hand member information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with members in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with members and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Enlists and orients new members and enters new-member data into the Customer Relations Management system. Promotes the Chamber in the community and at public events.
- Develops and fosters ongoing relationships with Chamber members through strong relationships and development of services. Call on current members to encourage member involvement and retention. Work with current members to assist them in meeting their ROI. Enter and maintain all membership information in the Chamber CRM system. Retain existing members through an organized program. Assists in membership late-dues collection through direct communication with members with delinquent accounts.
- Coordinates the Ambassador program, which includes setting the agenda for monthly meetings, scheduling and attending ribbon cuttings and coordinating the Ambassador of the Month program. Recruits new Ambassadors and assigns tasks to the Ambassadors according to Chamber needs.
- Works with other staff organizing and running chamber events, such as the monthly membership meetings, networking meetings, including Make-A-Connection and Friday Night Live; Awards Banquet & Annual Meeting, Golf Tournament, Taste and Trade and other events that may be held.
- Interacts with visitors to the Chamber, including responding to phone calls and questions from the public, Chamber members, and the City, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the purpose and philosophy of Chambers of Commerce
- Knowledge of the City of Rowlett
- Public speaking skill
- Computer software skill (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective communication and coordination ability with a variety of different types
- Maintain strict confidential information acquired as the Membership Services Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time